- I want to mail a letter to someone in the jail. How do I address it?
All mail should be addressed as follows:
Madison County Jail,
P.O. Box 16,
Wamspville, NY 13163
- Is there a limit as to the amount of incoming mail?
No, we do encourage correspondence
- Can I drop off a note or letter to the Front Desk?
NO, all mail, letters, notes must be received though the U.S. Mail
- What if an inmate leaves before the mail gets there?
All mail received for non-inmates will be "returned to sender", provided that a complete and readable return address is visible
- What else can be sent thru the mail?
Money Orders in the inmate's name, NO food, NO clothes, NO bookmarks or plastic cards, NO smelly paper, NO phone cards, you should always be cautious sending cash money thru the mail.
**RULE OF THUMB "if you are not sure, then DON'T SEND it"**